When using Ledger on the staking portal, there's a few peculiarities you need to keep in mind:
- In order to use Ledger for the Staking portal, you need to connect it to MetaMask, here's how to do it
- We recommend you to make sure you use the latest firmware, but first make sure you have your seed with you
- Make sure you have no pop-up blockers active
- Check for notifications in your MetaMask wallet if no pop-up appears
- If you are getting an error saying "Invalid data received(0x6a80)" you need to enable custom contract data in the Ethereum app on the device
- If you are staking with Ledger for the first time, there's a significant amount of transaction data. It is therefore possible you need to verify multiple fields. This is not an issue with Ledger or the Staking Portal itself: the screen of the wallet is simply quite small so it will display the transaction data in multiple screens. Don't worry though - it's still the same number of transactions as if you'd stake if you're holding your tokens on any other wallet. You just have to click a few more times.