- You have an active ad blocker. While highly unlikely, some ad blockers may still interfere and prevent you from upgrading
- Make sure you haven't changed any security settings of the MetaMask browser extension. If you have changed any of the permissions e.g, this could cause issues
- You have an older version of MetaMask: make sure to update to the latest version.
- You have an older version of Trezor/Ledger middleware
- You have a pop-up blocker activated
- You have installed a browser extension, other than MetaMask, which is also interfering with the content of the page
- You are using a VPN which may also interfere
- Ledger users: If you have any issues and/or see an error saying "Invalid data received(0x6a80)" when using Ledger, you need to do following: 1. Update to the latest firmware, but first make sure you have your seed with you; 2. Enable custom contract data in the Ethereum app on the device
If you have checked for all of the above, yet you are still receiving an error, please send us a screenshot of the page with the developer console open (e.g. on Chrome browser, you need to right click on the page, select Inspect, then click on Console) so we can investigate. You can do so by creating a support ticket.