In order for an impression to be counted as valid, it needs to comply with the following criteria:
- Only one impression is counted per unique visitor per 5 minutes
- The ad has not been recently shown. The exact time varies from 15 seconds to hours, depending on the campaign;
- 5 or more seconds are spent on the page after the ad is first displayed;
- An impression will only be counted once the ad is in the viewport.
In addition, in order to accumulate impressions, the following conditions must be in place:
- The ownership of the website on which the ad is displayed is verified by either a DNS TXT record or a .well-known/adex.txt file;
- The ad is displayed on the verified website and not on a subdomain;
- Your website has not been blacklisted. Blacklisting is an automatic process that detects suspicious traffic;
- There are up to 2 AdEx ads per page;
- The website, on which the ad is displayed must be HTTPS.