A TXT record (short for text record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS) used to provide the ability to associate arbitrary text with a host or other name, such as human readable information about a server, network, data center, or other information.
On AdEx Network, we use the DNS TXT record for verifying the domain ownership and ensuring a cleaner traffic for our advertisers and a better ecosystem for our publishers. It is a mandatory requirement to serve AdEx ads.
To verify your DNS TXT for our platform, you need to enter the following record:
In this example, replace ACCOUNT_ID with the ID of your own AdEx account - you can see that ID when you click on "Account" in the lower left corner of the AdEx platform screen. Please note the AdEx account ID is case sensitive.
Please note: the name of the record needs to be your website domain or subdomain followed by a full stop, e.g. example.com.
The actual record must not contain any other characters apart from the required text, which is:
Below you can see an example of what the record should looks like on one of the providers listed further down (what you see may vary slightly if you are using a different hosting provider):
IMPORTANT: Please do not edit or delete the DNS TXT record or .well-known file after verification as this would unverify your website! These records must remain there for as long as you would like to be an AdEx publisher.
Setting a DNS TXT record requires different steps depending on your hosting provider. Below are the instructions for some of the most popular providers - if yours is not listed there, it might be best to contact them directly.
- How to set DNS TXT record - GoDaddy
- How to set DNS TXT record - Cloudflare
- How to set DNS TXT record - Bluehost
- How to set DNS TXT record - Namecheap
- How to set DNS TXT record - SiteGround
- How to set DNS TXT record - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- How to set DNS TXT record -Squarespace
- How to set DNS TXT record - Hostgator
- How to set DNS TXT record - Dreamhost
- How to set DNS TXT record - InMotion
- How to set DNS TXT record - WordPress.com